Our brow experts will work with you to sculpt the perfect brows.
annual touch up
This touch-up session is only for those clients that have previously had microblading at Parlor Beauty Bar within the past 12 months and MUST still have visible strokes.
Microblading is a form of semi-permanent make-up. It’s more superficial than tattooing. Through the manual process of inserting pigment into the upper layers of the skin, we’re able to create the desired fullness and shape of the eyebrows. The strokes of pigment we implant imitate eyebrow hairs, appearing crisp and extremely fine, perfectly mimicking real hair. The results can last up to 12 months (or longer with regular touch-ups/color boost and dependent on skin type.) Results look natural and flawless.
Microblading results can last 12-18 months with regular touch-ups and following our aftercare instructions.
Your Microblading sessions are broken up into two appointments; the initial appointment and then a Parlor Perfecting Session 4 to 6 weeks later. We allot 2.5 hours for your first session and an 1.5 hours for your perfecting touch-up session.
Please allow up to 2.5 hours for your first microblading appointment to be completed. During this session we will take a before and after photos, numb and map out your brows. Then your microblading artist will work their magic towards creating your new brows. After the procedure is done, we will discuss aftercare instructions so you’re prepared to care for your new brows.
The Parlor Perfecting Session will be scheduled after we complete your initial session. We schedule Perfecting Sessions 4-6 weeks after your first session. The time between appointments gives the skin time to heal and lets the color settle into the skin. The second appointment will not take as long; plan on an hour to an hour and half.
Our Microblading Specialists will see how your skin has retained the pigment and make any adjustments to color or shape as needed. They will also go over some strokes to ensure the best possible retention. To sum it up, really this appointment is exactly as described- it’s all about the perfecting of your new brows.
There is some discomfort associated with Microblading. Numbing cream is used liberally throughout the procedure. Most clients describe the pain as being similar to tweezing or waxing while others experience little to no pain. Your Microblading specialists will continually check on you to ensure you’re comfortable throughout the procedure.
The complete healing process takes up to 4 weeks, but you will have 7-10 days of specific aftercare following each session. Please allow at least a week if you have an event or special occasion coming up. Parlor Beauty Bar will provide you with the necessary aftercare instructions and kit.
Your new semi-permanent eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing process. Initially the pigment will appear very sharp and dark immediately after the procedure. This is because the pigment is still sitting on top of your skin and has not yet settled completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually, and you may see some pigment on your towel after washing your face, or on your pillowcase – do not be alarmed. Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, the brows may look like they have dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly; however, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows. After a couple days, this will subside. Once completely healed, we advise applying a layer of sunscreen on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun, as sun exposure will cause the color pigment to fade more quickly.
Everyone’s skin is different so it greatly depends on your skin composition and your healing process. No guarantee can be made that a specific client will benefit the same as another from this procedure. We will implant pigment into the basal layer of the epidermis; it is a form of cosmetic tattooing, using fine, delicate strokes to make the brow look as natural as possible. Other factors that play a role in longevity are skin color, and mostly how aggressive your immune system metabolizes the pigment. Factors such as sun exposure, BOTOX, AHA’s (lactic, glycolic, citric, retinoic and tartaric acids) or any OTC creams and lotions for tone correcting, anti-aging, exfoliating, or lightening the skin can cause your microblading to fade.
We use the highest quality pigment available. Your microblading artist will choose the color that is perfect for you using many factors. You will have a chance to confirm the pigment color before it’s finalized.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT
– Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or drink alcohol 24 hours prior to and after your appointment.
– Discontinue Retin-A skin care products close to the area two weeks prior and after your procedure
– Discontinue use of AHA skin care products close to the brow area one week prior to your procedure
– No waxing, laser or electrolysis one week prior to procedure
– And please, No Botox, fillers or chemical feels in the area two weeks prior to appointments
– Aftercare will be discussed at your appointment
– You will leave with instructions and the necessary components to conduct and maintain proper aftercare
– Please ensure you review your aftercare forms
- must be 18+ years of age
- must not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- PLEASE inform me if you have any previous Microblading or tattooing on the eyebrows
- Do not take aspirin or ibuprofen 24 hours prior to your enhancement.
- Keep alcohol intake to a minimum of 24 hours prior to service
- No waxing or tinting of eyebrows 3 days before
- Do not tan or have sunburned face
- Normal Makeup may be worn to the appointment
- Stop using Retin A skincare close to the enhancement area 1 month prior to and after your procedure
- No Botox 4 weeks prior to and 4 weeks after enhancement
- Please bring cash for payment, it is greatly appreciated
– No one under the age of 18
– Accutane use (within 12 months of appointment)
– On any or has taken any anticoagulants; aspirin, alcohol, other blood thinners in the last 24 hours
– Severely oily skin (pigment will look more solid than like hair strokes)
– Diabetes type 1 or 2 (prone to slow healing and infection)
– Other autoimmune diseases; lupus, graves, etc. (please obtain your doctor’s advice or clearance prior to contacting us)
– Thyroid disease (medication may cause pigment to not retain properly)
– Active acne breakouts in the area to be treated
– Pregnant or nursing
– Skin Irritations near area; sunburn, Psoriasis, etc.
– History of keloid scarring
– Please fill out and review our medical history and consent forms prior to booking an appointment
All microblading appointments require a $100 non-refundable deposit at the time of scheduling and a credit card to hold your reservation. This deposit will go towards the balance of your appointment.
If you cancel your appointment with less than 24-hours notice or are a no-show, your credit card on file will be charged for 100% of the service price. You will also be required to pay for future appointments when they are scheduled. In no event shall deposits, tips and/or any monies paid to Parlor Beauty Bar, LLC services be refunded.