Spray Tan Prep
- Exfoliate THOROUGHLY to remove any dead skin and provide a smooth surface for your tan. Exfoliating helps to promote even coverage and lengthens the duration of the tan.
- DO NOT USE DOVE PRODUCTS! Dove soap and lotions leave a film on your skin that directly leads to a blotchy tan.
The Day of your Spray Tan
- Arrive to your appointment without any makeup, moisturizer, perfume, or deodorant. Showering before your appointment is recommended.
- Wear loose-fitting dark clothing (I.e. a cotton black dress or pajama pants).
- Women who want tan lines should wear a dark-colored bathing suit or similar underwear or you can opt for no tan lines at all.
- We require that men wear dark-colored swimsuits or underwear of some kind. Our solution is water-soluble and washes out of most synthetic fabrics and all natural ones.
Spray Tan Aftercare
- Let your tan develop and set for at least 8 hours.
- Avoid wearing socks or close toed shoes after your tanning session to allow the tan to develop properly on your feet.
- Avoid applying moisturizers or deodorants before you take your first shower.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing. This includes bra, underwear, skinny jeans, yoga pants, spandex, closed toe shoes, socks, etc.
- Do not shave for 24 hours after your spray tan.
After 8 hours
- Shower with lukewarm water, you will notice the ‘brown toner’ running down the drain. This is normal. It’s the “instant bronzer” washing away as it is designed to do, Rinse until the water runs clear.
- Always pat yourself dry. Do not rub your skin.
- Go out and live your best life as the beautiful bronze glowing goddess that you are. XO
Maintaining your glow
Avoid long hot baths and showers as they will speed up exfoliation.
Always pat your skin dry after a bath or shower.
Avoid swimming pools and salt water.